Dara is the founder and Co-President of Transformative Alliances LLC. She has formally worked as an anti-oppression and equity consultant for ten (10) years, and has guided trainings, discussion groups, and other anti-oppression activities for sixteen (16) years. She has designed and conducted more than 200 workshops for over 100 organizations, facilitated anti-oppression planning sessions, provided executive and group coaching, facilitated caucuses/ discussion groups, conducted assessments and evaluations, developed tailored and specialized curricula, and earned her certificate in mediation. Daraâ€™s work has encompassed both continuing and short-term projects, customized to suit each organization, and is specifically trained in Theater of the Oppressed and Community Counseling techniques.
Posts by Dara Burwell:
- Invitation to Apply and Participate: 18-Month Health Equity Curriculum
- About Nicole
- The Zombie Apocalypse: Where We Are Right Now
- Oppression’s Essential Guide to Nowhere: Poking Holes in the Roadmap to Success, Part 2
- Oppression’s Essential Guide to Nowhere: Poking Holes in the Roadmap to Success, Part 1
- Reflections of a Biracial Sellout.
- Demystifying Monsters: A Piece of the Journey
- “Forgiving” Men and Other Oppressors, Part II
- “Forgiving” Men and Other Oppressors, Part I
- Reflections on “Normal,” Part 2